We love and need the volunteers of our Mobile Meal's program.
Drivers to Deliver Meals:
- Over 140 dedicated drivers volunteer to deliver meals. Volunteer drivers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Some volunteers are couples who deliver meals together.
- Many of the volunteers have been with the program 15 or more years.
- Each driver drives 1 day per month but may drive more often if interested.
- Each driver drives approximately 20 miles (which includes travel from home to the hospital to pick up the meals, driving through the route, returning containers to the hospital, and the return trip home).
- There are 7 routes each weekday and each driver delivers between 10 and 15 meals.
- Each driver spends approximately 1½ hours delivering meals on his or her route.
- New drivers will be scheduled to ride along with an experienced drivers once or twice before driving alone.
Driver application forms: Print and complete the three forms using the links below providing the required information. Send the forms and information to the Mobile Meals coordinator and she will contact you.
The Mobile Meals mailing address is: PO Box 1343, Wenatchee, WA 98807
- On average, 85 meals per day are delivered throughout the Wenatchee and East Wenatchee area.
- There are 150 routes covered by volunteer drivers monthly.
- In 2009, Mobile Meals volunteers delivered 14,987 meals.
- In 2010, Mobile Meals volunteers delivered 17,079 meals.
- In 2015, Mobile Meals volunteers delivered 19,125 meals
- In 2016, Mobile Meals volunteers delivered 21,550 meals.
Contact our Mobile Meal's director at (509) 433-3166
if you have questions or would like further information
about becoming a volunteer driver!
We serve all those requesting our service regardless of race, ethnicity or age.