Meal services include:
- Meals are delivered Monday through Friday between
11:00 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
- Most of our clients receive meals Monday through Friday. But, you may receive the meals any number of days per week that you prefer.
- We deliver all holidays except New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Mobile Meals is able to accommodate most special diets.
- The food we provide is served in disposable Styrofoam containers. The largest container holds the main entrée, potato and one vegetable. We also provide two smaller containers, one with soup or salad and the other with fruit or a dessert.
- Generous food portions which are often enough for both lunch and dinner.
- Daily well-being check.
- Assistance with cost of the meals, if needed.
- We do not refuse service due to inability to pay the full cost of the meal.
- If we are unable to deliver to you within our geographic area, or you do not meet our criteria, we will refer you to other groups that can help.
Cost / Donation
The meals we deliver are purchased from Central Washington Hospital and the hospital generously donates the cost of labor to prepare food, charging only for the food itself.
Mobile Meals program does not receive government funding, so we ask our clients and their families to contribute what they can afford toward the cost of each meal.
Our suggested price for meals is $5.00 each which covers about 80% of the meal cost. A verbal commitment from the client as to what he or she feels they can afford to contribute per meal, and an agreement with the director, will establish the amount to be paid by the client. We do not exclude individuals for service due to inability to pay the full cost of the meal.
How Does One Sign Up to Receive Meals?
Call our Mobile Meal's Director, at (509) 665-6254, discuss receiving the meals with your doctor and ask for a referral, or ask for a referral from such agencies as:
--A Home Health care provider
--Aging and Adult Care of Central Washington
--The Behavioral Health Clinic
--A Physical Therapy facility
We serve all those requesting our service regardless of race, ethnicity or age.